The City of Edmonton is now offering Pre-Application Meetings for small-scale residential infill development proposals.
The meetings are intended for:
- single-detached homes, semi-detached and duplex housing, garden suites, and, on a case-by-case basis, major infill renovation projects
- development projects in mature, established, and core neighbourhoods
- development projects with unique designs or challenges
We encourage builders of all experience levels to participate in these meetings. By speaking with a planner prior to submitting your application, it could help you navigate the development permit process more easily, find solutions to make your project a success and be aware of building practices that are respectful to your neighbours during construction.
Infill Pre-Application Meetings will provide you with information to facilitate the completion of your development permit application. A complete development permit application can help limit back and forth communication with City Administration and reduce review and process times.
These optional Pre-Application Meetings are:
- held on the second and fourth Thursday of the month
- 25 minutes long
- first-come, first-served based on complete requests
- free of charge
Requests are due one week prior to the meeting date.
To be eligible for a Pre-Application Meeting, you must submit a complete request form with clear discussion items and a Site Plan with the required information. If you are proposing an underground driveway slope, please submit a driveway elevation. The schedule for these meetings is available here. You can submit a meeting request online.
Note: Email is used for all communications. Ensure your email account will accept email from email@example.com.