Expedited Infill Pilot - Eligibility Criteria
For the purposes of the pilot project, only applications for a Single Detached House, Single Detached House with Secondary Suite or Semi-detached House will be accepted at this time.
Additionally, applications must meet the following criteria:
Class A Applications - Class A applications follow all the rules required by the Edmonton Zoning Bylaw 12800 and do not require any changes to these rules.
Zoned RF1, RF2, RF3 or RF4 - To find out what zoning your site has, search your site address at maps.edmonton.ca and look under “Current Zone”.
Mature Neighbourhood Overlay (MNO) - Sites must be located within the Mature Neighbourhood Overlay. To see if the MNO applies to your site, search your site address at maps.edmonton.ca and look under “Overlays”.
Registered Lots - Sites must be subdivided to be eligible and a Land Title Registration is required prior to application.
Circulations - No circulations required to other City teams for review (except for Single Detached House with Secondary Suite, which may need circulation to Addressing). Development Permit applications which require additional circulations* will be excluded from the Expedited Infill Review Process.
* Note: Additional circulations are required where
- the subject site is located within or abutting the North Saskatchewan River Valley and Ravine System Protection Overlay and where circulation to the City’s Geotechnical Engineer is required
- the subject site contains a dwelling that is designated as a Municipal Historic Resource or Provincial Historic Resource, and/or is listed on the Inventory of Historic Resources in Edmonton
- a 1.5m driveway clearance around any surface utility (ie. power pole, anchor, etc.) cannot be provided
- new access onto a public roadway, other than a lane, is required